The Alabama Democratic Party is expanding our team in advance of the 2020 general election and is seeking an Organizing Director who thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. This position is full-time (approximately 50-60+ hours/week), and will require work during nontraditional hours (nights and weekends).
Our Organizing Director will be based in Birmingham, AL and will require periodic travel within the state. *Due to COVID-19 position may be remote for time being*
Description of Duties
● Execute a data-driven field plan integrating vote-by-mail enrollment, voter mobilization, and digital goals
● Build relationships with existing Democratic Party infrastructure to conduct voter outreach, engagement, and voter registration
● Help train and manage a team of Regional Field Directors and Field Organizers and Digital Organizers across the state of Alabama
● Analyze reporting and metrics to track programmatic progress and key performance indicators
● Systematically identify and find solutions to meet training and material needs
● Assist with local and regional on-site event operations
● Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
● 2+ cycles of experience in field leadership positions.
● Extensive experience managing and training high-performing staffers, with an emphasis on building and implementing effective accountability systems.
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with firm deadlines.
● Excellent relationship building skills and strong knowledge of communities around the state of Alabama.
● Experience working and effectively developing leadership within underserved communities and communities of color.
● Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
● Deep knowledge of NGP VAN / VoteBuilder and Google Suite.
● Self-motivation, professionalism and a positive demeanor.
● Excellent verbal, written, organizational and analytical skills.
● Committed to details, results, and consistent improvement.
● A strong commitment to Democratic ideals and issues.
● Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel at times throughout the state for more than a day at a time.
● Must have access to a working smartphone and laptop.
Salary & Benefits
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama as COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $6-7,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
To apply, please email your resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. No cover letters please.