The Alabama Democratic Party is seeking organizers to be the backbone of community organizing efforts throughout all of Alabama’s 67 counties during the 2020 election cycle. Organizers will report to a Regional Organizing Director and will oversee the state party’s volunteer engagement and direct voter contact program in their assigned turf. Organizers will be the face of the party within the community that they are assigned. They will be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing a team of volunteers to ensure that all voter contact goals are met for their area.
● Regularly reaching out to active volunteers and continually working to identify new volunteers through phone calls,
texting, and events where possible.
● Strategically organizing communities and engaging first-time volunteers and voters, as well as building online
communities of volunteers
● Host events in assigned turf to identify new volunteers and engage new voters
● Training volunteers to conduct voter contact through all available methods
● Personally executing voter contact, voter registration, and volunteer recruitment through all available methods
● Daily data entry and ensuring maintenance of campaign’s data standards
● Daily reporting of qualitative and quantitative information
● Other campaign duties as assigned
● Exceptionally organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible while working with various team and community members
from different backgrounds
● Ability to use Google Docs
● Willingness to work long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
● A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
● Desire to relocate to and elect Democrats up and down the ticket in Alabama
● Experience using Votebuilder preferred, but not required
● Experience with a campaign as an organizer, fellow, intern, or volunteer preferred, but not required
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to your assigned turf in Alabama as COVID-19 permits.
Compensation is $3-4,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
To apply, please email your resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. No cover letters please.