The Alabama Democratic Party (ADP) is seeking a Data Director to handle the day-to-day data needs of the ADP, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activists. The position will work across departments and with the DNC to use data to build successful campaigns. We encourage applicants with campaign experience to apply. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to electing Alabama Democrats and who will make a commitment to ADP through the 2020 election cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
●Handling the timely and strategic acquisition of the statewide voter file and other key datasets;
● Day-to-day management of users and committees in Votebuilder;
● Implementing systems for access to and data sharing within Votebuilder for all user types, including county and
municipal parties and candidates for office;
● Working with the leadership team to develop regular reporting and ad-hoc analysis, including but not limited to
voter registration trends, candidate recruitment, voter contact results, predictive model validation;
● Managing technology for day-to-day work and special events;
● Creating saved searches and targets;
● Developing and maintaining ADP’s My Campaign database;
● Collaborating with other staff to develop and deliver training curriculum;
● Providing timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many
cases requiring rapid turnaround;
● Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration,
and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses;
● Collecting raw political data from County Boards of Elections and other sources and converting it to usable form
for analysis; scrubbing and matching acquired lists back to the voter file (VoteBuilder, Catalist or offline);
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
● Enthusiasm for Democratic politics;
● Knowledge of VAN/Votebuilder - bonus if you’ve ever been an administrator;
● SQL, python, or any other language efficient for analyzing large datasets;
● Tableau, d3, Shiny, or other data visualization languages or platforms - we encourage you to share viz work, if any;
● At least 2 cycles of campaign experience - bonus for electoral campaign experience;
● Familiarity with predictive models and probabilities, and their application to voter targeting/segmentation;
● Managing multiple priorities while maintaining a passion for accuracy;
● Taking initiative and provide data-oriented solutions to departments across the organization;
Salary & Benefits
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama as COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $6-7,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
To apply, please email your resume and three professional references to email@example.com with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. No cover letters please.