Candidates for federal office must submit the following to qualify:
- Declaration of Candidacy - qualifying form, filed either on paper or online (see below)
- Qualifying Fee
U.S. Representative: $3,480.00
Click the appropriate link below and fill out the linked form. You will receive a Declaration of Candidacy and fee payment invoice via email after the form information is received and processed. Online qualifiers are not required to submit a Declaration of Candidacy on paper.
Qualifying with Paper Forms
WARNING: Paper qualifying forms and associated fees must be received in our office prior to the 5:00 p.m. qualifying deadline regardless of postmark.
If fee payment is returned for insufficient funds, closure of account, etc. your qualification for office will be null and void unless payment is remedied before the close of the qualifying period.
Be sure to send any mailings via CERTIFIED MAIL.
Alabama Democratic Party Headquarters address:
501 Adams Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
Alabama Democratic Party mailing address:
PO Box 950
Montgomery, AL 36101
Important Links & Resources for Federal Candidates
- Registering as a candidate: https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/registering-candidate/
- House, Senate and Presidential candidate registration: https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/registering-candidate/house-senate-president-candidate-registration/
- FEC Campaign Guide for candidates: https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-content/documents/candgui.pdf
- FEC Form 2 - Statement of Candidacy: https://webforms.fec.gov/webforms/form2/index.htm
- FEC Form 1 - Statement of Organization: https://webforms.fec.gov/webforms/form1/index.htm
- US House Financial Disclosure - House Committee on Ethics
- Call 202-225-7103