Thursday, July 9th, 2020
The Alabama Democratic Party is seeking a Political Director to manage all aspects of the political outreach and support the political team through their work to cultivate political relationships throughout all of Alabama’s 67 counties during the 2020 election cycle. The Political Director will report to the Coordinated Campaign leadership team and will author and implement the program to interface with state party’s surrogates, political contacts, and work as a liaison with principals as necessary.
● Hiring, managing, training, and mentoring a political team
● Develop strategies and systems that lead your team to meet daily and weekly metric goals
● Work collaboratively to plan ahead and meet large-scale political challenges
● Help author, develop, and oversee execution of regional, constituency, and community political engagement plans
● Communicate clear needs and priorities up and down the management chain
● Other campaign duties as assigned
● 2+ years of political experience on an electoral or issue based campaign
● 1+ years of experience managing and coaching full-time staff
● Experience working directly with elected and political officials
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible while working with various team and community members
from different backgrounds
● Proficient using NGP and Google Docs
● Willingness to work long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
● A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
● Desire to relocate to and elect Democrats up and down the ticket in Alabama
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama as COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $6-7,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
To apply, please email your resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. No cover letters please.